Education and the NAHC
A Commitment to Innovative Learning
The NAHC is committed to providing excellent resource tools for learning about New Amsterdam. One of the areas NAHC has undertaken extensive work in is the development of lesson plans which draw on the digital content NAHC is gathering in Virtual New Amsterdam Project.
Please feel free to download these sample lesson plans:
Lesson Plans for 4th Grade
Lesson Plans for 7th Grade
Lesson Plans for 11th Grade
Access our database of Dutch History here.
Access the New Netherland Institute’s Dutch Manuscripts here.
News From New Netherland
- News From New Netherland: The Animal Fleet by Francis J Sypher, 9/2016
- News From New Netherland: The Animal Fleet by Francis J Sypher, 9/2016, Facebook Paragraph
- News From New Netherland: The First Families by Francis J Sypher, 2015
- Schaghen 1626 by Francis J Sypher
- Schaghen 1626 Francis J Sypher, Facebook Paragraph
- Daniel K. Richter. Facing East from Indian Country: A Native History of Early America
Andrew Lipman. The Saltwater Frontier: Indians and the Contest for the American Coast
Cynthia J. Van Zandt. Brothers among Nations: The Pursuit of Intercultural Alliances in Early America, 1580–1660