Related Organizations and Resources
NAHC Partner Organizations
The Center seeks to collaborate with existing historical sites, museums and institutions in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, New York State and New Jersey. Included among our collaborating organizations are:
- Collegiate Church Corporation
- Society Of The Daughters Of The Holland Dames
- New-York Historical Society
- Holland Society of New York
- South Street Seaport Museum
- Wyckoff House Museum
- New Netherland Institute
- Congregation Shearith Israel, The Spanish & Portuguese Synagogue
- Museum of the City of New York
- New York City Municipal Archives
- The Netherland-America Foundation
Links to Interesting Books, Videos and Paintings
Many of the authors listed below have been most generous in contributing their expertise and their permission to use scholarly articles or quotes from their books in the 3D model and this website. We wish to thank them and encourage interested readers to consider purchasing their books to encourage further scholarship.
- Four Hundred Years in America by Ralph Blauvelt
- The Diary of Asser Levy: First Jewish Citizen of New York by Daniela Weil.
- Amsterdam, Slavery Heritage Guide by Dienke Hondius
- A Dutch Family in the Middle Colonies, 1660-1800 by Firth Haring Fabend
- New Netherland in a Nutshell by Firth Haring Fabend
- Land So Fair by Firth Haring Fabend
- Imagine New Amsterdam (Paperback) by Courtney Alfred Haff
- The Colony of New Netherland: A Dutch Settlement in Seventeenth-century America by Jaap Jacobs
- Explorers, Fortunes and Love Letters by New Netherland Institute
- Food, Drink and Celebrations of the Hudson Valley Dutch by Peter G. Rose
- Mannahatta: A Natural History of New York City by Eric W. Sanderson
- The Island at the Center of the World: The Epic Story of Dutch Manhattan and the Forgotten Colony That Shaped America by Russell Shorto
- A Description of New Netherland (The Iroquoians and Their World) by Adriaen van der Donck
- Exploring Historic Dutch New York: New York City, Hudson Valley, New Jersey, Delaware, Gajus Scheltema, Heleen Westerhuijs (Editors), Russell Shorto (Introduction)
- Kiliaen Van Rensselaer (1586-1643): Designing a New World by Janny Venema
- Fur, Fortune, and Empire: The Epic History of the Fur Trade in America by Eric Jay Dolin
Paintings and Prints
- Paintings by Len Tantillo, historical painter and designer of digital imagery for the NAHC 3D model: www.lftantillo.com
Video, Audio and other Reference Materials
- Broadside: Emerging Empires Collide
- Video tour of the Dutch Room at the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Dutch New York: Rediscover 400 Years of History from PBS Channel Thirteen
- New Netherland Institute’s comprehensive bibliography
- Govert Loockermans Audio Story from South Street Seaport Museum
- Manuel de Gerrit de Reus Audio Story from South Street Seaport Museum
- How Dutch is New York? – The New Amsterdam Tour
- How Dutch is New York? – The Stuyvesant Tour
- How Dutch is New York? – The Hudson Valley Tour
Scholarly Review Committee
Numerous scholars provided invaluable advice, information, written descriptions and encouragement in the formation of the VNAP.
Firth Haring Fabend, Ph.D.
- Jaap Jacobs, Ph.D.
- Jeroen van den Hurk, Ph.D.
- David William Voorhees, Ph.D.
- Diana Wall, Ph.D.
Additional Scholars, Specialists & Teachers who provided significant assistance.
- Marybeth De Filippis
- Charles Gehring, Ph.D.
- Martine Gosselink, Ph.D.
- Joel Grossman, Ph.D.
- Chris Lawrence
- Christopher Moore, Ph.D.
- Mirla Morrison
- Cory Munson
- Diane Mallett
- Mikki Shaw
- Greg Varley